Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rgb rgb is offline

Default replace underline with italics

I have underlined words I want to make italic. Using "find/replace", using
the "format", I selected "underline" for the find & tried to first change to
italic, then tried to simply delete underline. Could not get rid of
underline either way. Is it doable? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber Helmut Weber is offline

Edit
replace
find what: put cursor in, leave empty
no formatting
more
format font
underline style ' choose from the dropdown listbox
ok
replace with: put cursor in, leave empty
no formatting
format font
underline style (none)
font style italic
ok
replace all

HTH

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the "Find what" box (empty), press Ctrl+U, to display Format: Underline.

In the "Replace with" box (also empty), press Ctrl+U *twice*, to display
Format: No underline, then press Ctrl+I to add Italic.

Note, however, that this will not italicize the punctuation following
italicized words, which often (always for commas and periods) should also be
italicized.

"rgb" wrote in message
I have underlined words I want to make italic. Using "find/replace",

using
the "format", I selected "underline" for the find & tried to first change

italic, then tried to simply delete underline. Could not get rid of
underline either way. Is it doable? Thanks.

Is there a way to replace italics with underscores? A CO in CO Microsoft Word Help 2 August 20th 06 04:24 AM
Underline Bill Connors Microsoft Word Help 4 December 30th 05 11:39 PM
Italics SF New Users 0 October 24th 05 01:50 AM
Bold, Italics and Underline not turning on rocketman60 Microsoft Word Help 3 July 5th 05 06:46 PM
Find and Replace anomaly BruceM Microsoft Word Help 7 January 18th 05 05:47 PM