boball

Default Problem saving my file name

When I attempt to save a file, Word inserts gooble-de-gook in the space
between the words in the file name. To correct this problem, I have to right
click on the file and go through the "rename" process to remove the offending
characters.
katin42

I don't know what version of Word you are using, but it sounds like you need
to re-adjust and specify "user preferences" for how a file is saved. This
would be in Tools/Option section of Word.

"boball" wrote:

When I attempt to save a file, Word inserts gooble-de-gook in the space
between the words in the file name. To correct this problem, I have to right
click on the file and go through the "rename" process to remove the offending
characters.

garfield-n-odie

Are you saving to a floppy disk or other removable media? If so,
don't do that, unless you want to end up with a corrupted file or
floppy. Save to your hard drive, close the file, and then use My
Computer or Windows Explorer to copy the file to the floppy or
removable media.