Dilemma

Default Automatically update style

How do you turn this really annoying feature off, the help menu is of no use
on thise topic? Once I work that out I might ask why the hell anyone would
want to use it anyway?????
Dilemma

Steps involved a

I'm writing up a document from the normal template. I highlight some text to
make it bold and then the WHOLE document (including headers etc) go bold.
Same happens with bullets or numbers and indenting.

"Dilemma" wrote:

How do you turn this really annoying feature off, the help menu is of no use
on thise topic? Once I work that out I might ask why the hell anyone would
want to use it anyway?????

Stefan Blom

Please see the following article:

"Formatting applied to one paragraph affects the entire document"
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

--
Stefan Blom

"Dilemma" wrote:

How do you turn this really annoying feature off, the help menu is

of no use
on thise topic? Once I work that out I might ask why the hell

anyone would
want to use it anyway?????

Dilemma

Thanks Stefan but that doesn't work because the Automically update style box
is not ticked in the first place?

The problem described is the same though.

"Dilemma" wrote:

How do you turn this really annoying feature off, the help menu is

of no use
on thise topic? Once I work that out I might ask why the hell

anyone would
want to use it anyway?????

Stefan Blom

The problem is not necessarily with the Normal style. What other
styles (if any) are you using?

For a description of other possible problems with automatic
formatting, see:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm.

--
Stefan Blom