jenn

Default find out who has document open

someone walked me through this once and I have forgotten the steps. There is
somewhere I can go to find out who has a document open (when I get the
'read-only' message)...
Jay Freedman

jenn wrote:
someone walked me through this once and I have forgotten the steps.
There is somewhere I can go to find out who has a document open (when
I get the 'read-only' message)...

In the same folder as the document, you should find a file with the same
name except that the first two characters are replaced by ~$. Open that file
in NotePad to see the name of the person who opened the document. This will
be whatever they have typed into the Tools Options User Information
dialog, so it might not be their real name.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman