Furstrated Word User

Default Footnotes should always be on the page where the number is.

To be the most widely used word processing program, I don't understand why a
footnote doesn't always appear on the page where it is referenced. It can be
three lines long and two lines appear on the page and one line on the next
page. The text should automatically adjust to let the footnote, no matter
how long it is, appear on the same page where it is referenced. Am I crazy
or should this be standard?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Daiya Mitchell

See he

Footnote on Wrong Page
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...OnDiffPage.htm

It's not quite as simple as one might think, though there are some things
you can do to control it, discussed in the above article.

On 11/2/05 11:10 AM, "Furstrated Word User" wrote:

To be the most widely used word processing program, I don't understand why a
footnote doesn't always appear on the page where it is referenced. It can be
three lines long and two lines appear on the page and one line on the next
page. The text should automatically adjust to let the footnote, no matter
how long it is, appear on the same page where it is referenced. Am I crazy
or should this be standard?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...=644e900d-eec7
-4782-b6a6-540e44467e23&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagemen t

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Jay Freedman