ME

Default SYMBOLS CHANGING

I have a large document that used to contain a large number of one symbol.
Now when I call it up the symbol has changed. The font is the same, the
version of word is newer. I tried to go into find and replace - but when I
copy the symbol now in the document and paste it in the "find" space, the old
symbol shows. What gives?
--
ME
Klaus Linke

Hi ME,

Word uses Wingdings for all symbol fonts in the "Find/Replace" dialog. =
So when you see the symbol correctly there but not in the document, the =
Wingdings font must be missing or corrupt.
You can make sure of that in "Tools Options Compatibility Font =
substitution".=20

Regards,
Klaus

"ME" schrieb:
I have a large document that used to contain a large number of one =

symbol.=20
Now when I call it up the symbol has changed. The font is the same, =

the=20
version of word is newer. I tried to go into find and replace - but =

when I=20
copy the symbol now in the document and paste it in the "find" space, =

the old=20
symbol shows. What gives?
--=20
ME