Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GrudgeDB GrudgeDB is offline

Default Calculating Age in Form

I have a text box on a form that includes a date of birth. I would like
another text box to calculate the perosns age based on today's date. What is
the formula for such a calculation?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi GrudgeDB,

To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do
with dates in Word, check out my Date Calc 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902
In particular, look at the item titled 'Interactively Calculate A Person's
Age'.

Taking that as your starting point, you could delete the ASK field from the
code
(i.e '{ASK BirthDate "What is the Birthdate?"}') and either make your
formfield's
bookmark 'BirthDate' or change 'BirthDate' in the age-calculation field to
whatever
your formfield's bookmark name is. You might also want to delete the string
'If your
Date of Birth was {Birthdate \@ "d MMMM yyyy"}, then your age is ' from the
code.

Cheers