Posted to microsoft.public.ru.russian.office,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.programming
John[_15_] John[_15_] is offline

Default Instantly use selected text for find and replace dialog?

When you doubleclick text and use Ctrl+F to open find and replace dialog it
automatically uses selected text for Find what: field, but when you use
keyboard to select text prior to opening find and replace dialog it never
uses that selected text, how i fix that to always work with selected text?

Posted to microsoft.public.ru.russian.office,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.programming
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If text is selected, the action of the search function is to find from
within that selection. The double click method is merely a shortcut to
inserting a word into the Find window. See your other post.

"John" wrote in message
When you doubleclick text and use Ctrl+F to open find and replace dialog
it automatically uses selected text for Find what: field, but when you use
keyboard to select text prior to opening find and replace dialog it never
uses that selected text, how i fix that to always work with selected text?

Posted to microsoft.public.ru.russian.office,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.programming
jack jack is offline

I would like to be able to do the same thing: select some text, then
hit Ctrl+F (or Ctrl+shift+F) and have that text automatically appear
in the 'find what' field.

The best I can find is Ctrl+E, which copies the selected text into the
Find dialog box (but doesn't open it) then Ctrl+F to open the Find
dialog box... but why should I have to make two commands when so many
programs do this automatically?