Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Don is offline

Default Open word document in IE with word viewer 2003

?B?amFkZQ==?= wrote in
:

Hi,
I would like to know is there anyway to open the word document with
word viewer 2003 in IE, i do not have the microsoft word installed in
the PC. I have try to do the step below:
Open the Microsoft Word Viewer 2003 Tools Options View
(uncheck) Windows in Taskbar
(http://www.mcse.ms/showthread.php?t=1785510)

Anyhow this do not help on opening the word document in IE.

Please advice how to open the word document in IE with only word
viewer.

Thanks.
Regards,
Jade

If your intent is ONLY your personal machine?
It may be accomplished through Windows Explorer and "file association".

If you intent is for OTHERS visiting your web pages?
You cannot control what software a visitor uses or locates on their own
machine to open specific document types.