Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LuDean Marvin LuDean Marvin is offline

Default Two annoyances...

I am using Word in Office XP 2002 SP3 with all latest updates. There are
two annoyances I would like to eliminate:

1. When I open a particular file, it always opens displaying a small toolbar
in the Word window (See attachment). What is this toolbar and how can I get
it to stop popping up each time I open this document?

2. This same file I use to paste articles from off the internet. Each time
I want to save this file, whether there has been anything new added to the
file or not, it insists on displaying the "This feature not supported by
Word 97" warning window. I do want to save the file only with Word '97
features, but I really don't want it to keep asking me each time I save the
document. I just want it to save it and get over it! And if it has saved
the file only with Word '97 features, why does it keep asking me the next
time I save it? Wouldn't it have been saved without those features the last
time I saved the file?

Any suggestions you can offer will be most appreciated.