Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Beninjam91 Beninjam91 is offline

Default DOUG ROBBINS

Hi I have followed your advice and it worked. Thanks but now it is inserting
00:00:00 as well as the date as if there is a time but the format of the
excel spreadsheet is not set to a date and time

Any ideas???

Beninjam91

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Which versions of Word and Excel are you using?

When you connect to your Excel sheet, which method are you now using to
connect?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Beninjam91" wrote in message
Hi I have followed your advice and it worked. Thanks but now it is
inserting
00:00:00 as well as the date as if there is a time but the format of the
excel spreadsheet is not set to a date and time

Any ideas???

Beninjam91

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Beninjam91 Beninjam91 is offline

the obd one i think and its 2003 version but im going home now so i will have
to sort it out tomorrow

thanks anyway

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Which versions of Word and Excel are you using?

When you connect to your Excel sheet, which method are you now using to
connect?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Beninjam91" wrote in message
Hi I have followed your advice and it worked. Thanks but now it is
inserting
00:00:00 as well as the date as if there is a time but the format of the
excel spreadsheet is not set to a date and time

Any ideas???

Beninjam91

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Beninjam91 Beninjam91 is offline

im using word and excel 2003 i am not using the MS one or the database one
but hte other one i cant see it on the computer i am on now so i can only
guess

Any ideas?????

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Which versions of Word and Excel are you using?

When you connect to your Excel sheet, which method are you now using to
connect?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Beninjam91" wrote in message
Hi I have followed your advice and it worked. Thanks but now it is
inserting
00:00:00 as well as the date as if there is a time but the format of the
excel spreadsheet is not set to a date and time

Any ideas???

Beninjam91

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you already have a \@ "DD/MM/YYYY" switch as Doug suggested and it works,
ignore this.

Otherwise, you are saying that the switch does not work. If you check Word
Tools|Options|general|"Confirm conversions at open" then reconnect to your
data source, you should see a dialog box titled "Confirm Data Source". For
Excel, there should be at most 4 possibilities (although you could see
several with "ODBC" in the description. Somewhere in the line you will see
one of the following:
DDE
ODBC
Converter
OLE DB

My guess is that
a. if you use OLE DB, you get the month/day switched around
b. if you use ODBC, you get the time as well as the date

Is that correct? If not, please do your best to describe what you are
seeing.

--

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Which versions of Word and Excel are you using?

When you connect to your Excel sheet, which method are you now using to
connect?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Beninjam91" wrote in message
Hi I have followed your advice and it worked. Thanks but now it is
inserting
00:00:00 as well as the date as if there is a time but the format of
the
excel spreadsheet is not set to a date and time

Any ideas???

Beninjam91

Doug Robbins Merge with Attachments Theresa Pistochini Mailmerge 2 April 9th 07 10:54 PM
Thank you, Doug Robbins rms Microsoft Word Help 2 January 7th 07 04:57 AM
For Doug Robbins - question about your response Sue Mailmerge 0 April 12th 06 03:21 PM
Doug Robbins DannyJ Mailmerge 0 July 15th 05 10:49 PM
1200 doc word count doug robbins Donald C. McNeilly Formatting Long Documents 2 January 15th 05 09:32 PM