Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Will Williams Will Williams is offline

Default MVP Graham Mayor - combine 2 of his macros to make another??

Hi

Graham has created two interesting macros

One is the Save Remind macro, which I have heard of before.

The other, which I had not heard of before is the save numbered version of
the document macro.

Could these be combined.

I created Doc1. Then I work on it for 45 minutes.

While I am doing this, Word saves a numbered version of the doc , every
three minutes.

Yes, I end up with 15 versions of Doc1, but then it's up to me, when done,
to decide whether or not to throw the early versions out.

For me, it would be handy when you are working on a doc, edit something
then, 10 minutes later, realise the veriosn you had before put the point
better.

Authors might like this sort of thing, too.

Regards
Will
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The SaveReminder macro is a Microsoft macro supplied with some versions of
Word and probably still available from Microsodt - and certainly available
from my web site. The other is a macro of my own concoction. Neither piece
of code is locked so feel free to edit either or both as you see fit.