Tony

Default Header/Footer

Is there anyway to make the Header and the Footer visible in word? If there
is pleae let me know how to do so. Thanks
Jay Freedman

Tony wrote:
Is there anyway to make the Header and the Footer visible in word?
If there is pleae let me know how to do so. Thanks

First, you must be in Print Layout view (I think it was called Page Layout
view in earlier versions of Word).

Second, if still you can't see them and you have Word 2002 or 2003, position
the mouse cursor on the break between pages and click (or go to Tools
Options View and check the box for "White space between pages").

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

cyndi

If you are in the normal view, you will not be able to see the header and
footer, if you are in print layout mode (not print preview) you will see the
header and footer ( you can change this in the view menu) but it will be
"goshted" almost like a watermark, the only way to see it in full, would be
the print preview or when it is printed

"Tony" wrote:

Is there anyway to make the Header and the Footer visible in word? If there
is pleae let me know how to do so. Thanks

The trivial answer is View | Header and Footer. As others have suggested,
you must be in Print Layout view and must not have the "White space between
pages" hidden.