Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Susieber

Default Remove Hidden Data (RHD) Tool Stripping Template

We are having a problem where the Remove Hidden Data (RHD) Tool v.1.1
automatically strips the attached template from the document. I've tried on
different .DOC files and get the same result. Hence, the formatting post-RHD
is all skewed, and the template is changed to Normal.dot with "Automatically
update document styles" enabled. Does anyone know how to use the tool to
prevent this from happening? Or do I just need to re-apply the template to
the DOC post-RHD and hope that the template doesn't contain any hidden data?

Also, if anyone knows where to find out _exactly_ what data is
programmatically. stored in a template file, please point me in that
direction. I've seen the MVP articles about using templates but haven't found
any explicit information about template data for Word 2003.

Thanks,
Susie