Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jameson L. Tai

Default Word 2007 Beta 2: Printed documents enlarged by 300%

I have been working on my oral presentation homework overnight, but I can't
print it out. The text was typed using Calibri font size 11. I have it set
up with Letter size, 1" margin all around... but somehow it just prints out
really large text. I tried zooming out the document view to 100% but it
doesn't work either...

The page is zoomed in and centered, so the side margins are gone. But, my
top margin is visible, but it's not 1". It looks more like 2" or more.

To better describe this problem, I've taken a couple of pictures. I hope
they're clear enough for others to read. If not, please feel free to email
me. Thanks for your help!

http://my.fit.edu/~ltai/DSC00813.JPG
http://my.fit.edu/~ltai/DSC00814.JPG
http://my.fit.edu/~ltai/DSC00815.JPG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Jameson,

What Windows version & build are you using?
What is the printer model and driver version where you're seeing this?

If you use File(Office button)=Save is in Word 2007 and use the save to PDF and open the PDF do you get the same result?

========

--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jameson L. Tai

I'm using Windows XP MCE05 (2600) I'm using Lexmark P4350i. I solved the
problem by reinstalling MS Word 07B2. It might have been an installation
error. However, I did try to play around with the different formats and yes,
I tried the PDF trick. Same deal, except instead of the page zoomed in and
centered, it was zoomed in and left justified on the PDF. (I use Adobe 7
Pro, so it's pretty new I guess.) Anyways... Thanks Bob... a quick reinstall
of Word did the trick.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Jameson,

Glad to hear that a reinstall of Word helped. When encountering oddities such as this be sure to try the MS Office 2007 diagnostics
tool in File(Office Button)=Word Options=Resources

There have been issues with Lexmark/Dell printer drivers just not wanting to work with MS Word 2007, but I'm curious if you're
running any of the Acrobat add-ins in Word 2007?

BTW, be sure to report your experience and the resolution to the Microsoft Office team directly using the feedback tool available
from the link below.

=========
"Jameson L. Tai" wrote in message
I'm using Windows XP MCE05 (2600) I'm using Lexmark P4350i. I solved the
problem by reinstalling MS Word 07B2. It might have been an installation
error. However, I did try to play around with the different formats and yes,
I tried the PDF trick. Same deal, except instead of the page zoomed in and
centered, it was zoomed in and left justified on the PDF. (I use Adobe 7
Pro, so it's pretty new I guess.) Anyways... Thanks Bob... a quick reinstall
of Word did the trick.
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stephan Stephan is offline

I am having the same problem with printing. I have a Dell A960 All-in-one
printer (which was manufactured by Lexmark) and everytime I try printing in
Quick Print mode, it enlarges the document by 300%. I'm not sure why that
is but there are times I've tried printing in normal mode and it does the
same. The document looks one way and when I click print preview, I can see
how WORD is going to print an enlarged version. I would appreciate any
suggestions.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The following was posted to another thread about this problem:

"AMcho" wrote in message
For anyone who may still need help...

I had the very same problem. I would get the dreaded message, "Margins of
Section 1 are set ouside the printable area of the page." I went to HP
and
asked for help from their live chat. We tried using a different driver
for
my particular (4315v) printer and that did not help. The guy (Timothy)
searched and searched and finally told me to try this....

StartAll ProgramsMicrosoft OfficeMicrosoft Office Tools, Microsoft
Office
2007 Language Settings. Highlight "English (Australia)" and click "Add".
Then set as primary. When it asks about the changes, click "Yes".
Something
about a different standard page size in Australia or something he said.
Anyway, it worked and the font size is normal, too.

If you have HP printer and still need help, go to their help center and
try
live chat.

Hope it helps!!
AMcho

--
AMcho

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stephan Stephan is offline

Thank you for your response. I did try a reinstall and then I even
reformatted my computer and reinstalled to see if that made a difference. It
did not make any difference. Please let me know if you have any further
feedback. BTW, I do not currently have Acrobat add-ins.