Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scott Scott is offline

Default Word 2003 is not using proper top margins for Avery labels

I am trying to print labels in Word 2003. I have selected the Avery 8160
label. When it prints, the top margine is onyl 1/4" from the top, even though
the details if the label are set at 1/2". I change the top margin to 1" as a
custom label, and it comes down, but not enough. Why is it not recognizing
the Avery standard label setting? It used to!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What happens if you print onto ordinary paper? Is the margin correct then?
If it is, the problem is that your printer is not capable of correctly
feeding the label stock which is a common problem with some printers.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Scott" wrote in message
I am trying to print labels in Word 2003. I have selected the Avery 8160
label. When it prints, the top margine is onyl 1/4" from the top, even
though
the details if the label are set at 1/2". I change the top margin to 1" as
custom label, and it comes down, but not enough. Why is it not recognizing
the Avery standard label setting? It used to!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scott Scott is offline

Yes, it still happens. The problem is a setting in Word. It used to print
fine on this printer.