Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
brett brett is offline

Default Removing extra carriage returns

I'm using Word 2007. I did a ping output into a text file. In the
text file it looks as though everything is single spaced. However,
once I paste it into Word or a textbox (such as this one), it double
spaces. In Word, I had it show all symbols and can see after each
line there is a paragraph symbol. There is also one below each line.
I tried replacing "^p" with "^l" but that didn't do anything.

Is there a way to single space this?

Thanks,
Brett