#1   Report Post  

Unhappy Plain Text Content Control

I have a document where I have plain text content control. In the box it reads, "Click here to type text." When I click there, it erases the "click here" just like I want it to do so I can type my own text. I saved the document as a Word document. But when I sent it to someone else, they said that they had to actually delete the "Click here to type text."

What's going on here? Why is it doing that for them but not me? Is there a way to make it so they can just click and start typing and not have to delete that?

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
v2007: Text control (plain text): How to restrict length of data? bixcel Microsoft Word Help 3 May 9th 13 09:22 PM
why can't i type in plain text control boxes? Fiona Microsoft Word Help 6 January 21st 10 01:11 PM
Rich text content control Word 2007 Mary Ann Microsoft Word Help 1 September 29th 09 08:32 PM
Pasting text into a content control in Word 2007? Torfinn Brokke Microsoft Word Help 8 September 2nd 07 03:52 AM
Rich Text Content Control - how to lock down editing jonblauch Microsoft Word Help 1 August 1st 07 11:05 PM