Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
TimK TimK is offline

Default Table at top of page

I'm doing a long document in Word 2003 on XP with not enough time to learn
my soon-to-be answer to Word, Adobe Framemaker. The document is a set of
species accounts and each page begins with a small table containing Latin
and common names and Family for each species.

The problem I'm having is that when I insert a break with Ctr+Enter and
paste a blank table on to the next page top it always inserts it one line
low. If I hit back space or delete to get rid of it and bring the table to
the top it just deletes the break and it goes way up into the pervious page.
If I can't get this to work my options are do hard returns (we all know what
that means) or just do a separate doc for each page and sew them together
when I PDF them. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Select the first cell of the table and apply 'page break before' -- either
directly (it's on the Format Paragraph dialog) or, better, by applying a
style that includes that setting in its definition.

"TimK" wrote in message
.. .
I'm doing a long document in Word 2003 on XP with not enough time to learn
my soon-to-be answer to Word, Adobe Framemaker. The document is a set of
species accounts and each page begins with a small table containing Latin
and common names and Family for each species.

The problem I'm having is that when I insert a break with Ctr+Enter and
paste a blank table on to the next page top it always inserts it one line
low. If I hit back space or delete to get rid of it and bring the table
to the top it just deletes the break and it goes way up into the pervious
page. If I can't get this to work my options are do hard returns (we all
know what that means) or just do a separate doc for each page and sew them
together when I PDF them. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
TimK TimK is offline

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Select the first cell of the table and apply 'page break before' -- either
directly (it's on the Format Paragraph dialog) or, better, by applying a
style that includes that setting in its definition.

I would never have thought to look in Format--Paragraph.

Works perfect -a million thanks fine sir!