Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Seagallp Seagallp is offline

Default Cannot edit recipient list

We have a merge document for labels that was created in Word 2003 and
whenever we try to edit the recipient list in Word 2008 it keeps saying that
the data source is read only. Whenever I check the properties for the data
source it is not set to €˜read only. Any suggestions as to how to get around
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Is this really Word 2008 (on Mac) or is it Word 2007 (on Windows?)

What type of data source is it? e.g. was it a data source created from
within Word 2003 (in which case it will be a .mdb file) or some other type
of source? And is it located on a network share or on a local drive?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Seagallp" wrote in message
We have a merge document for labels that was created in Word 2003 and
whenever we try to edit the recipient list in Word 2008 it keeps saying
that
the data source is read only. Whenever I check the properties for the
data
source it is not set to €˜read only. Any suggestions as to how to get
around
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Seagallp Seagallp is offline

Sorry it's Word 2007, not 2008. The data source and main document were both
created in Word 2003 and are both located on a shared drive.

"Seagallp" wrote in message
We have a merge document for labels that was created in Word 2003 and
whenever we try to edit the recipient list in Word 2008 it keeps saying
that
the data source is read only. Whenever I check the properties for the
data
source it is not set to €˜read only. Any suggestions as to how to get
around
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Melody Melody is offline

I too have a similar issue. Tried posting the question earlier this year but
got no real answer to help. Ended up converting my data source to an Excel
file and seem to have much better luck with adding or editing information.
--
---Melody

"Seagallp" wrote in message
We have a merge document for labels that was created in Word 2003 and
whenever we try to edit the recipient list in Word 2008 it keeps saying
that
the data source is read only. Whenever I check the properties for the
data
source it is not set to €˜read only. Any suggestions as to how to get
around
this?

Unable to save changes to data file when using Edit Recipient List Melody Mailmerge 5 May 31st 08 12:12 AM
Word 2007: can't edit recipient list johnthebaptist Mailmerge 9 December 17th 07 06:34 PM
Edit Recipient List Doo Mailmerge 3 September 6th 07 02:51 PM
Can't edit recipient list [email protected] Mailmerge 1 November 15th 06 02:15 PM
Edit recipient list Joanne Mailmerge 6 January 13th 06 08:44 AM