Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nick Nick is offline

Default Link to Word 2007 bookmark from HTM

From a prior post, I did not receive any responses so I assume this is a bug
or there currently is no documentation for a workaround, so i would like to
suggest either a hotfix, solution, or workaround be published. Here is the
issue:

Prior to Office 2007, we were able to use a href="test.doc#Chapter1" to
open a word document and to a specific bookmark, set in the document. Now
that we have Word 2007, with this code a href="test.docx#Chapter1" we get
an error message that states: "Cannot find
'file://path/test.docx#Chapter1'. Make sure the path or Internet address
is correct."

Can anyone please help provide a workaround to allow us to link to a
specific locaiton inside a Word 2007 document from a simple HTML page?

Thank you in advance for your help.
--
Nick

--
Nick

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is the following KB article any use to you?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960644/en-us

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

Nick wrote:
From a prior post, I did not receive any responses so I assume this is a bug
or there currently is no documentation for a workaround, so i would like to
suggest either a hotfix, solution, or workaround be published. Here is the
issue:

Prior to Office 2007, we were able to use a href="test.doc#Chapter1" to
open a word document and to a specific bookmark, set in the document. Now
that we have Word 2007, with this code a href="test.docx#Chapter1" we get
an error message that states: "Cannot find
'file://path/test.docx#Chapter1'. Make sure the path or Internet address
is correct."

Can anyone please help provide a workaround to allow us to link to a
specific locaiton inside a Word 2007 document from a simple HTML page?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nick Nick is offline

Actually that is the exact problem I'm running into, but this is on Windows
XP Professional SP2 or SP3. I wrote a comment on the bottom of that page
stating this occurs with Windows XP too, so hopefully Microsoft will look at
Windows XP also. Thanks Peter for providing that site.
--
Nick

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Is the following KB article any use to you?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960644/en-us

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv