Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon J. Rattray Gordon J. Rattray is offline

Default Footer .25 higher after making doc a PDF

Hi there,

I've got my document all set up "properly". The school that will print it requires it in PDF, so I PDFed it and lo and behold the footer jumped up about .25 inch....enough to make it look weird as page numbers and a line in the footer is out of kilter too far up about .25 inch. I got to do something about it.

I feel something's skewered in my document as I tried another document and PDFed the test document and the footer was exactly the same as in the original test document.

Hmmm...what should I check on my document?

Thanks,

Gordon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Gordon,

Check that the document page size matches the PDF page size.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Gordon J. Rattray" wrote in message ...
Hi there,

I've got my document all set up "properly". The school that will print it requires it in PDF, so I PDFed it and lo and behold the
footer jumped up about .25 inch....enough to make it look weird as page numbers and a line in the footer is out of kilter too far up
about .25 inch. I got to do something about it.

I feel something's skewered in my document as I tried another document and PDFed the test document and the footer was exactly the
same as in the original test document.

Hmmm...what should I check on my document?

Thanks,

Gordon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon J. Rattray Gordon J. Rattray is offline

Hi Macropod...

It was just one of those things...when it printed the PDF on my home printer, the bottom footer was .25 higher than normal... but I took a chance and brought it to the school and printed it there and it was normal...can't find an explanation for it except that it was different printers...

Cheers!

Gordon
"macropod" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Gordon,

If the document is set up for the wrong paper size and one PC is set up to allow A4/letter resizing (see under File|Print Scaling)
and the other isn't, you might see this sort of thing.