Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fiona Fiona is offline

Default why can't i type in plain text control boxes?

I am building a template in Word 2007. In the content controls I have the
option of using rich text or plain text. When I choose the plain text and
protect the document to filling in forms I can not type in the content
control box. Yet when I use Rich text I can't tab over to the next content
control box as it tabs within the control box. All I want to be able to do
is type in the control box and be able to tab to the next.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Did you by any chance set the text controls so they cannot be edited? Undo
that and you should be able to tab from text control to text control with or
without protection (well, once the cursor is in one of then).

Pam

Fiona wrote:
I am building a template in Word 2007. In the content controls I have the
option of using rich text or plain text. When I choose the plain text and
protect the document to filling in forms I can not type in the content
control box. Yet when I use Rich text I can't tab over to the next content
control box as it tabs within the control box. All I want to be able to do
is type in the control box and be able to tab to the next.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2007 content controls are designed to be used with the form
unprotected. If you want to have a protected form and tab between the
fields, use the legacy form fields, to which end you will find -
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm useful.

"Fiona" wrote in message
I am building a template in Word 2007. In the content controls I have the
option of using rich text or plain text. When I choose the plain text and
protect the document to filling in forms I can not type in the content
control box. Yet when I use Rich text I can't tab over to the next
content
control box as it tabs within the control box. All I want to be able to
do
is type in the control box and be able to tab to the next.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Also, if you use a Rich Text content control, there is no way to use
the tab key to exit from it. That's the point of Rich Text -- a tab
character is a valid character, just as in regular body text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman