Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ralf.schaa ralf.schaa is offline

Default Negative space and small space in Equation editor (Word 2007)?

And another question:

can I produce negative spaces and small spaces in the equation editor?

Something like the Latex-equivalent of:
\, is a thin space
\! is a negative thin space

Cheers
-Ralf
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

You can use one the unicode characters for thin spaces in the range U+2003 -
U+200A. In your equation, just type 2003 followed by ALT+X.

I might be mistaken, but I doubt that negative spaces were ever defined in
the unicode standard.

Yves

"ralf.schaa" wrote in message
And another question:

can I produce negative spaces and small spaces in the equation editor?

Something like the Latex-equivalent of:
\, is a thin space
\! is a negative thin space

Cheers
-Ralf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Addition to the previous post, most of the thin characters are already
defined in the Math Autocorrect functions if you use the linear input
format:

\hairsp, \thinsp, \medsp

And with regards to negative spaces, I guess you could use a combination of
phantoms and hair/thin/medium spaces. It doesn't look too bad, but it is a
bit of a trial and error thing.

Yves