KimboR

Default Remove users from the Exceptions list when using document protecti

If I have added a user's name to the list of individuals allowed to edit part
of a document, is there a way to remove them from that list? I know that I
can de-select the check box alongside their name if I wish to remove
privileges, but I can't find a way to remove their name completely from the
list. I'm not using IRM, just the basic protection with password available
within Word 2003
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?S2ltYm9S?=,

If I have added a user's name to the list of individuals allowed to edit part
of a document, is there a way to remove them from that list? I know that I
can de-select the check box alongside their name if I wish to remove
privileges, but I can't find a way to remove their name completely from the
list. I'm not using IRM, just the basic protection with password available
within Word 2003

Could you please describe the steps you used to put them into the list, in the
first place?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

KimboR

Hi Cindy

In Word, I choose Tools Protect Document
In the Protection task pane, I ticked the check box to allow users to add
comments only when editing.
I the ticked the box for Exceptions (step 3 of the protection process) and
clicked the 'More users' link to enter the users' login names and this added
them to the list that way.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?S2ltYm9S?=,

If I have added a user's name to the list of individuals allowed to edit part
of a document, is there a way to remove them from that list? I know that I
can de-select the check box alongside their name if I wish to remove
privileges, but I can't find a way to remove their name completely from the
list. I'm not using IRM, just the basic protection with password available
within Word 2003

Could you please describe the steps you used to put them into the list, in the
first place?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?S2ltYm9S?=,

In Word, I choose Tools Protect Document
In the Protection task pane, I ticked the check box to allow users to add
comments only when editing.
I the ticked the box for Exceptions (step 3 of the protection process) and
clicked the 'More users' link to enter the users' login names and this added
them to the list that way.

Since I'm not on a full-blown network, I had to do some asking around, and
finally got back an answer. There is apparently no direct way to edit this
list, but...

If you remove all editing restrictions for a person, then save, close and
re-open the document, the name should disappear from the list. At least, that's
what the person who kindly did some testing for us reports. Does that work for
you?