Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Troy Morse Troy Morse is offline

Default Typing in multiple locations

I have a document that I want to type the same thing in multiple locations,
IE vendor name, date, job number. Can i set it up so that on the Title page,
when I type this information in it is automaticaly typed in all other
necessary locations on the Document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can repeat information using STYLEREF fields (assuming that you format
the first occurrence of vendor name, date, job number, etc. with a unique
style).

Alternatively, if you are creating a form, see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Troy Morse" Troy wrote in message
news
I have a document that I want to type the same thing in multiple locations,
IE vendor name, date, job number. Can i set it up so that on the Title
page,
when I type this information in it is automaticaly typed in all other
necessary locations on the Document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Another option is to bookmark the original occurrences, and then use REF
fields to repeat the items in other locations. For example, you might
bookmark the vendor name as VendorName (names must begin with letters, can
contain numbers, and can't contain spaces, but are otherwise arbitrary), and
then use the field {REF VendorName} (press Ctrl+F9, type ref VendorName, and
press Enter) each place you want vendor name to appear. If vendor name
changes in the original location, you'd select the REF field and press F9 to
update it to the changed name.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
You can repeat information using STYLEREF fields (assuming that you format
the first occurrence of vendor name, date, job number, etc. with a unique
style).

Alternatively, if you are creating a form, see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Troy Morse" Troy wrote in message
news
I have a document that I want to type the same thing in multiple
locations,
IE vendor name, date, job number. Can i set it up so that on the Title
page,
when I type this information in it is automaticaly typed in all other
necessary locations on the Document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Indeed, it's item 5 in the list.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[...]

news I have a document that I want to type the same thing in multiple
locations,
IE vendor name, date, job number. Can i set it up so that on the Title
page,
when I type this information in it is automaticaly typed in all other
necessary locations on the Document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I did use the word "form" in a more general meaning (that is, not identical
with "Word online form") in my previous message. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP