Louise

Default Linking Word to Excel worksheet

I have a Word document and have linked to it an Excel worksheet. I have
asked for the link to be automatically updated, however, when I make the
changes in Excel, they are not cascaded through to Word unless I click onto
Edit and Update Link.

I have used this facility in Office XP several times and this is the first
time I've used in 2003 so am unsure where I'm going wrong.

can anybody help?

Thank you.

Louise
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TG91aXNl?=,

I have a Word document and have linked to it an Excel worksheet. I have
asked for the link to be automatically updated, however, when I make the
changes in Excel, they are not cascaded through to Word unless I click onto
Edit and Update Link.

I have used this facility in Office XP several times and this is the first
time I've used in 2003 so am unsure where I'm going wrong.

I imagine what you're seeing is what's described in this article:

Prompt to update fields:
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=330079
WD: How the Behavior of the Word Fields Changes After You Install the Word
Update

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Linking Excel and Word Docs Julie L Microsoft Word Help 1 April 13th 05 02:12 PM
letters - ask/fillin Caroline H New Users 2 February 25th 05 08:19 PM