Tom Grassi

Default Newbie to Word Please help

I created 15 word documents and I want to print each one without selecting
each one. I tried to insert the other documents into a master document using
insert object and create from file and select link to file. The problem with
that is that I only get the first page inserted in the master document. I
would like to have all the seperate documents so I can manage them easier. I
want to be able to update the document in a smaller document which will
reflect the changes in the master.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions

I know how to insert I need to know why it is not inserting the link
entirely.

Many Thanks

Tom

Anne Troy

Master documents don't work that way, and you're best to avoid them anyway.
Try the INCLUDETEXT field, Tom.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Tom Grassi" wrote in message
I created 15 word documents and I want to print each one without selecting
each one. I tried to insert the other documents into a master document
using insert object and create from file and select link to file. The
problem with that is that I only get the first page inserted in the master
document. I would like to have all the seperate documents so I can manage
them easier. I want to be able to update the document in a smaller document
which will reflect the changes in the master.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions

I know how to insert I need to know why it is not inserting the link
entirely.

Many Thanks

Tom

George

Tom, there is a great article on using IncludeText andits serious problems.
As long as you don't mind full path names, I don't think that you will have a
problem. The article is at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ldscontent.htm . The
article title is "How to Use IncludeText Fields" in case you have to search
for it.

George

"Tom Grassi" wrote in message
I created 15 word documents and I want to print each one without selecting
each one. I tried to insert the other documents into a master document
using insert object and create from file and select link to file. The
problem with that is that I only get the first page inserted in the master
document. I would like to have all the seperate documents so I can manage
them easier. I want to be able to update the document in a smaller document
which will reflect the changes in the master.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions

I know how to insert I need to know why it is not inserting the link
entirely.

Many Thanks

Tom

Daiya Mitchell

Better to use the link that gives access to the rest of the site as well,
since there's a lot of information at that site.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...textfields.htm

George, the link you gave doesn't load the frames with the links for Search,
etc, but only the content of that one article.

I wouldn't say IncludeText has *serious* problems. I imagine most people
will not run into the caveats included in that article.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Tom Grassi

Well I tried the includetext and the folder that I had these documents was
too long a name so I had to move it to the root of my c drive and then they
worked

Thanks

Does anyone know if I can add adobe pdf file to this document so I can print
it also?

Thanks

tom

"Tom Grassi" wrote in message
I created 15 word documents and I want to print each one without selecting
each one. I tried to insert the other documents into a master document
using insert object and create from file and select link to file. The
problem with that is that I only get the first page inserted in the master
document. I would like to have all the seperate documents so I can manage
them easier. I want to be able to update the document in a smaller
document which will reflect the changes in the master.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions

I know how to insert I need to know why it is not inserting the link
entirely.

Many Thanks

Tom

Tom Grassi

Daiya

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\New Hires\New
Subcontractor Paperwork\filename.doc

Tom
.. .

"Tom Grassi" wrote in message
[...]

What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Stan Brown

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:04:16 -0400 in microsoft.public.word.newusers,
Tom Grassi favored us with...
I created 15 word documents and I want to print each one without selecting
each one.

You should be able to select them all in Explorer (not Word), right
click, and pick Print.

Try it first with two of the shorter ones. :-)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child
Daiya Mitchell

Thanks, Tom. I'm surprised, I wouldn't expect 103 characters to be a
problem.

Re a PDF file, I think you would have to insert each page separately as an
object or picture. But perhaps Stan's tip makes it easy enough to keep two
files?

DM