hanadiv

Default Linking Excel file and Word File

I want to link data from an Excel file to a Word file so that data changed in
the Excel file will be automatically updated in the Word file. (Office 2003)
Stefan Blom

Have you tried InsertObject? Be sure to click the Create From File tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hanadiv" wrote in message
I want to link data from an Excel file to a Word file so that data

changed in
the Excel file will be automatically updated in the Word file. (Office

2003)

Stefan Blom

I'm glad to learn that you found a solution.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hanadiv" wrote in message
I want to link data from an Excel file to a Word file so that data

changed in
the Excel file will be automatically updated in the Word file.

(Office
2003)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gaucanth gaucanth is offline

I have a problem here can someone please solve it. I am tryng to paste link a
spreadsheet from Excel 2003 to Word 2003, but I am receiving the following
,messages: "Word cannot obtain the data for the Excel.Sheet.8 link" and then
Excel shuts down to a recovered sheet and I am also getting the following
"There is insufficient memory. Save the document now" Although this is
something which can be easily done on any PC, the problem is only occuring on
one particular PC which just had a fresh installation running XP SP2 and
Office 2003 SP2. I have tried to uninstall Office and reinstall again but
with no results. Yesterday I reformatted the PC again and made a fresh
installation including Office 2003 with all possible updates from Microsoft
and funnily enough I still have the problem. Please someone HELP ME as this
is driving me crazy.ANY HELP PLEASE

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Z2F1Y2FudGg=?=,

I have a problem here can someone please solve it. I am tryng to paste link a
spreadsheet from Excel 2003 to Word 2003, but I am receiving the following
,messages: "Word cannot obtain the data for the Excel.Sheet.8 link" and then
Excel shuts down to a recovered sheet and I am also getting the following
"There is insufficient memory. Save the document now" Although this is
something which can be easily done on any PC, the problem is only occuring on
one particular PC which just had a fresh installation running XP SP2 and
Office 2003 SP2. I have tried to uninstall Office and reinstall again but
with no results. Yesterday I reformatted the PC again and made a fresh
installation including Office 2003 with all possible updates from Microsoft
and funnily enough I still have the problem. Please someone HELP ME as this
is driving me crazy.

My first thought was a problem in the Registry, but reformatting the machine
should have solved that.

My next suspicion would be that you're installing some program that's
interfering with the basic OLE server/client functionality. Such as an
anti-virus or file management software?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Mike is offline

I linked an excel cell into Word using paste special, then paste link as
object. When both file stored in local hard drive, the Word update the data
from excel everytime it opened, but when both files stored in a server, it
couldn't update the link automatically. I have to right click each link then
select Update Link to get the data updated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Mike,

What version of Word and Excel?

If you use Alt+F9 to toggle the field code display, what does the field show in both the 'works' and 'doesn't work' case.

===================
"Mike" wrote in message ...
I linked an excel cell into Word using paste special, then paste link as
object. When both file stored in local hard drive, the Word update the data
from excel everytime it opened, but when both files stored in a server, it
couldn't update the link automatically. I have to right click each link then
select Update Link to get the data updated.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Mike is offline

Hi Bob,

I'm using Word and Excel 2003.

The worked link is { LINK Excel.Sheet.8 "C:\\Documents and
Settings\\michael.chong\\My Documents\\Testing Automation\\test-status.xls"
"Status!R3C4" \a \p \* MERGEFORMAT }

The non working link is { LINK Excel.Sheet.8
"\\\\eurocoptermalaysia.com\\dfsroot\\public\\Plan ning\\Michael Doc\\Aircraft
Status\\EC 120B 1472 XX-XXX.xls" "Status!R3C4" \a \p }

Regards,
Michael

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Excel worksheet in Word linked text boxes Eduardo Oliveira Page Layout 0 January 5th 05 11:23 PM
Word Field Codes in Excel data file mranz Mailmerge 7 December 11th 04 09:02 AM