Puzzled

Default Show Doc location in title bar?

Just changed from Corel to Microsoft. Corel displays the name of the document
as well as the location in the Title Bar. How can I make Word or any of the
MS 2003 products show the loction of the document in the Title bar?
garfield-n-odie

One way is to click on Tools | Macro | Macros, add the following line to your
AutoOpen() macro in your Normal.dot template:

ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if you don't know how to
install a macro.

Another way is to click on Tools | Customize | Commands | Categories: Web |
Commands: Address. Drag the Address command to your toolbar area. Click on
Close. If you are prompted to save changes to your Normal.dot global
template when you exit Word, say yes. Obviously, this method puts the path
in the toolbar area, not in the title bar at the top of the screen.

"Puzzled" wrote:

Just changed from Corel to Microsoft. Corel displays the name of the document
as well as the location in the Title Bar. How can I make Word or any of the
MS 2003 products show the loction of the document in the Title bar?

Show file location in title bar Anauna Microsoft Word Help 2 July 7th 09 03:16 PM
How do I set up a table title so that across pages it adds "cont'd Hopeful Tables 6 November 5th 05 01:55 AM
ODC file location Rosa Mailmerge 0 October 26th 05 05:10 PM
Show modified/unmodified in the Title Bar next to the filename. Peta Microsoft Word Help 4 June 27th 05 04:55 PM
Word 2K templates location? EPPack New Users 2 January 31st 05 05:41 PM