SJH

Default Fonts 2003

Hi, I posted this on the general questions forum but it was suggested to
maybe try the printing fonts forum. Couldn't find that so trying here....

In word when you type text in the middle of an existing paragraph it uses
the font the original text is in. We have a set of custom fonts from one of
our suppliers we use in several word docs. In Word 2000 it behaves as
expected but in Word 2003 instead of typing in our custom font it reverts to
the default Times New Roman. If you create a new doc in 2003, select the
custom font and start typing it also reverts to Times New Roman. But you can
then highlight the text and change it to our custom font. I have tried this
on several PCs using Office 2003 and it occurs on all machines.

Tried:
1. Format/Style, look for "Normal" in the list, right-click
it, choose "Modify" and change the font in the dialog box to custom one -
No change

2. If you open a document that already contains the font, then go to
Tools/Options/Compatibility options you are not able to open Font
Substitution - states all fonts available.

3. I have tried starting word in safe mode -
no difference

The only thing I haven't tried is a different custom font as we do not have
any others to try. I don't think it is the font at fault though or it
wouldn't work in word 2000 either. Excel and ppt 2003 use the font correctly
too and do not revert to Times New Roman.

Anyone any ideas? We use this set of fonts a lot and it is a pain to have to
keep highlighting and changing font after you have typed, especially when
some documents contain several different types of fonts.

Thanks, Sue