Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Making revision dates on a footer

I working on a manual that might have updates for a single page/topic. I'd
like to have the date (in the footer) reflect the latest revision date, but
when I change the footer, it of course changes the date on the entire
document.

Suggestions please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Suggestion: Don't do it.

a) There's no easy way to do it. Word doesn't track pages as such. They are
not part of the document object model; only an artefact of printing.

b) It's pointless. A lot of work for you, ignored by the reader, and of no
benefit to anyone.

"
wrote in message ...
I working on a manual that might have updates for a single page/topic. I'd
like to have the date (in the footer) reflect the latest revision date,
but
when I change the footer, it of course changes the date on the entire
document.

Suggestions please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Seconding Jezebel's remarks...
Consider using track changes to keep a complete record of your changes if
that is necessary. http://addbalance.com/usersguide/track_changes.htm. Then
publish/distribute a version (copy) showing the latest revision date with
all changes accepted. If people need to see when something was changed, they
can look at the original with track changes still on. You could even put out
a pdf of this if it really is used.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.