Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark Dickinson

Default Watermark Margins?

I want to build a letterhead template that uses a background or watermark to
cover the entire page with a 1/4" margin on every side. I have placed this
watermark successfuly but when I adjust the margins for the text to clear the
graphics to a different size the margins change for the watermark and destroy
the effect.

How can I lock or use differnet margin settings for the watermark and the
text area on this template? The template need something like 2.5" top & 1.25
side margins to clear the graphics.

Thanks
Mark Dickinson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You set the margins for the document. The watermark is Behind Text and can
be any size; because it is in the drawing layer, it does not have to observe
the margins. If you want the watermark to repeat on every page, anchor it to
the header. If you want it just on the first page, anchor it to the First
Page Header (after checking "Different first page" on the Layout tab of Page
Setup). For more, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"Mark Dickinson" wrote in message
I want to build a letterhead template that uses a background or watermark

cover the entire page with a 1/4" margin on every side. I have placed

this
watermark successfuly but when I adjust the margins for the text to clear

the
graphics to a different size the margins change for the watermark and

destroy
the effect.

How can I lock or use differnet margin settings for the watermark and the
text area on this template? The template need something like 2.5" top &

1.25
side margins to clear the graphics.

Thanks
Mark Dickinson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark Dickinson

I followed your instructions but it still floats down to the margin settings.
I need the graphic to stay fixed with .25" margins on all sides. The only
way the watermark graphic is positioned correctly is when I preset the
margins prior to insertion with .25" margins. As soon as I change the page
to the necessary margins the watermark floats to these new settings?

Mark

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Did you specify the location of the watermark "Relative to page"?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You set the margins for the document. The watermark is Behind Text and

can
be any size; because it is in the drawing layer, it does not have to

observe
the margins. If you want the watermark to repeat on every page, anchor

it to
the header. If you want it just on the first page, anchor it to the

First
Page Header (after checking "Different first page" on the Layout tab of

Page
Setup). For more, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.