Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Flanker7000

Default Sudden "Activation Problem" message - Office XP

I bought my PC from Dell about 4-5 years ago and activated Windows and Office
upon receipt.

All went well until recently, when I started getting messages at upgrading
software notifications to check the validity of my software. As I know this
to be legitimate it bothered me not to do this, and at first I had no
problems - but now I keep getting a message telling me that I do not have a
valid copy of Office XP.

However, this has not stopped me working, nor have I had any problems under
each element of Office, and when I try to activate each element, I get a
message saying 'already successfully activated'!

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is there a solution (or
something sinister to happen by doing nothing)?

Thanks in anticipation.