Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bill Bill is offline

Default Distribution list no show - Word97

Im trying to send a fax from Word 97. I can send a fax to one person, but
the problem is trying to get a Distribution list to show up.

Using Contacts in Outlook 97, Ive entered the list of 100 organizations and
their fax number. I have a Distribution List set up in a Personal Address
Book, visible from Outlook 97.

The problem is in Word 97. When I try to send a fax, using either Print (or
Send to €“ Fax Recipient) Fax driver shows up in the print dialog. When I
click OK, then the Send Fax Wizard comes up. To enter the addresses, I click
Address Book, but then the list of contacts and faxes that I entered
previously do not show up. The Distribution List (group) does not show up
either.

Can someone tell me how to get the distribution list to show up? Or can you
tell me how to fax from Word, to a distribuion list? Im using Office97 and
Windows 2000 and it does fax correctly to one person.

Thank you,
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You would probably be better asking in an Outlook group.

I suspect what you are attempting is not possible and I cannot remember
whether it was possible to merge to fax with Office 97. If it is, the
procedure is fiddly as you have to copy the required records to a new
contacts list and use that contacts list as the data source for a merge.

Bill wrote:
I'm trying to send a fax from Word 97. I can send a fax to one
person, but the problem is trying to get a Distribution list to show
up.

Using Contacts in Outlook 97, I've entered the list of 100
organizations and their fax number. I have a Distribution List set up
in a Personal Address Book, visible from Outlook 97.

The problem is in Word 97. When I try to send a fax, using either
Print (or Send to - Fax Recipient) Fax driver shows up in the print
dialog. When I click OK, then the Send Fax Wizard comes up. To enter
the addresses, I click Address Book, but then the list of contacts
and faxes that I entered previously do not show up. The Distribution
List (group) does not show up either.

Can someone tell me how to get the distribution list to show up? Or
can you tell me how to fax from Word, to a distribution list? I'm
using Office97 and Windows 2000 and it does fax correctly to one
person.

Thank you,
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

As far as I can remember, the problem with the Outlook 97/Windows 2000
combination is that you can't set up Outlook 97 to work with the Windows
2000 fax service. However, that may be wrong. If you can, then you may be
able to fax using a distribution list. Otherwise, I think you might be
better off trying to mailmerge to fax using a macro. The following article
has not been tested with Word 97, but you may be able to get it to work:

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0001.htm

Peter Jamieson