Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Howard Hayes Howard Hayes is offline

Default page number on blank pages when using section break

I have a page number question regarding the blank pages Word inserts when I
request a section break start on an odd page. I realize that Word numbers
the last odd page and the add page following the inserted page. What I don't
understand is how to get the page number to print on the inserted page.
Perhaps, having no number on the inserted page may be the accepted standard,
but if not, how do I get the number to print.

Thanks in advance,

Howard Hayes
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It is conventional for the inserted page to be completely blank. Although it
is counted in the numbering, no number (or any other head or footer) is
printed on it. Look at good published books to see how this is done. If you
are operating under a requirement that does not allow blank pages (that is,
you have to print "This page intentionally left blank" or the like), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...nPgEndChap.htm

"Howard Hayes" wrote in message
I have a page number question regarding the blank pages Word inserts when

request a section break start on an odd page. I realize that Word numbers
the last odd page and the add page following the inserted page. What I

don't
understand is how to get the page number to print on the inserted page.
Perhaps, having no number on the inserted page may be the accepted

standard,
but if not, how do I get the number to print.

Thanks in advance,

Howard Hayes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Howard Hayes Howard Hayes is offline

Thank you so much for your quick response. I will try your suggestion or
leave the page blank, whichever my client desires.
Regards,
Howard Hayes