Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nice_evest nice_evest is offline

Default DropDown Menu Contents Printing

Dears
I really need a help on that!!!
i'm making a form and i'm using the Form tool for that.
i protected my document, i aded text fields, and i also added DropDown Menus.
The thing is, my manger wants me to print this "form" or template as a hrad
copy, yet, all the items of the dropdoen menu need to be displayed as well.
i tried the Tools options printing command but i couldnt find anything
that might help me in dispalying the contens of the menu.
can you advise me?? i'm disperate

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It is not possible to do that. You will have to type the entries directly
into and unprotected copy of the form to be able to print the "form" with
all of the items shown.

Bosses are like that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"nice_evest" wrote in message
Dears
I really need a help on that!!!
i'm making a form and i'm using the Form tool for that.
i protected my document, i aded text fields, and i also added DropDown
Menus.
The thing is, my manger wants me to print this "form" or template as a
hrad
copy, yet, all the items of the dropdoen menu need to be displayed as
well.
i tried the Tools options printing command but i couldnt find anything
that might help me in dispalying the contens of the menu.
can you advise me?? i'm disperate

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nice_evest nice_evest is offline

Dear Doug,
Thank you very much for your suggestion. but dont you think it's a bit
disturbing to copy and paste the contents of the dropdown menu to anther
document and print it from there?!!!! :-o
plus, dont you think if i unprotected the document will do the job you are
requesting me to do?!

isnt there any way that allows me to print it directly from the dropdown
menu in the form it self; somehow the way we do it in MS-Access?

I thank you again

"nice_evest" wrote in message
Dears
I really need a help on that!!!
i'm making a form and i'm using the Form tool for that.
i protected my document, i aded text fields, and i also added DropDown
Menus.
The thing is, my manger wants me to print this "form" or template as a
hrad
copy, yet, all the items of the dropdoen menu need to be displayed as
well.
i tried the Tools options printing command but i couldnt find anything
that might help me in dispalying the contens of the menu.
can you advise me?? i'm disperate

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Hi nice_evest,

By "DropDown Menus" do you mean the same sort of things as the File menu,
the Edit menu etc., or do you mean drop-down form fields that you insert from
the Forms toolbar.

If you're referring to real menus then I don't think I can suggest anything
but if you're referring to drop-down form fields then maybe you could do
something like this:

Take a copy of your protected form and use the copy for what follows.

Display the list of items in the form field and use PrintScrn to copy an
image of the screen to the clipboard.

Paste the image into a new document and use the crop tool on the Picture
toolbar to crop away everything but the form field and list of items. Copy
the cropped image to the clipboard.

Unprotect the copy of your form and paste the cropped image into it.

Double-click the cropped image and Choose Layout/In front of text.

Resize the image as appropriate and drag it over the "real" form field to
"mimic" the real one.

Protect the form and print it.

A lot of messing around I know but it might let you produce a hard copy with
the list items displayed in their "normal" location.

Regards.

Ed