Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
new to word 2007 new to word 2007 is offline

Default In word 2007 how do I print labels for a single item or address?

I can do this in word 2002 but I can not do it with Word 2007.
In 2002 I select tools, letters and Mailings, Envelpes and Lables, Select
single lable and hight light the area I want on the lable. I can select the
type of Avery Lable 08920 and say which lable on the page I am printingm
lable row 3 column 2.

How can I do this in word 2007???

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

As far as I can see the main problem is that the label type 08920/8920 is no
longer listed (in fact they aren't listed on Avery's U.S. website either,
which may have something to do with it.

In Word 2007 try
Mailings
(Create) Labels
Labels tab
Select your printer type
Click New label
Enter the details (the following are taken from my copy of Word 2003
Label name: 08920
Top margin: 0.5in
Side margin: 0.19in
Vertical pitch: 1in
Horizontal pitch: 2.75in
Label height: 1in
Label width: 2.63in
Number across: 3
Number down: 10
Page Size: Letter
Click OK and Word will save the custom label under a "vendor" called
Other/Custom.

Select that one, and proceed as before.

Peter Jamieson
"new to word 2007" new to word wrote in