Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Absolute Beginner Absolute Beginner is offline

Default Tool bars

The "X" in the top right corner of the document window in "Word 2003" has
disappeared. How do I get it back?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Try double clicking on the blue bar (Title bar). I'm suspecting that you
have the window sized larger than your monitor, and part of the window is
outside your viewing area. By double-clicking the title bar, you are
maximizing the window so that it fits the monitor viewing area exactly.

If that does not fix the problem, then I would be suspicious that your
monitor needs to be reset, especially if this is a problem with other
applications as well.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Absolute Beginner" Absolute wrote in
message ...
The "X" in the top right corner of the document window in "Word 2003" has
disappeared. How do I get it back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Absolute Beginner[_2_] Absolute Beginner[_2_] is offline

The entire title bar in Word 2003 is missing, so I can't try the suggested
fix. I did not describe the issue accurately. OOOOPS!

"Absolute Beginner" wrote:

The "X" in the top right corner of the document window in "Word 2003" has
disappeared. How do I get it back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Can you see the bottom of the window?

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP
"Education Lasts a Lifetime"

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Absolute Beginner" wrote in
message ...

"Absolute Beginner" wrote:

The "X" in the top right corner of the document window in "Word 2003" has
disappeared. How do I get it back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

In the taskbar (Same line as the Start button), right click on the Word
Object and select either Restore or Maximize.

--

"Absolute Beginner" wrote:

The "X" in the top right corner of the document window in "Word 2003" has
disappeared. How do I get it back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Absolute Beginner[_2_] Absolute Beginner[_2_] is offline

I think I can see the bottom of the window--The document area ends and there
is a row of icons below it--that must be the bottom.