Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roger Roger is offline

Default Using concordance file for indexing in word 2007

In the past i was able to use a concordance file to automate the index
building. It has been about a month, and i added terms to the file and this
time i cannot get it to work. The SHOW/HIDE is disabled, and when i
hightlight the concordance file in the list of possible files to use, it
immediately goest to the word document in want to index (rather than put the
name of the file in the window and let me indicate save). The result is all
the terms are marked in my file as they shoudl be, and the file is on SHOW,
and a window comex up that the index was not made. I tried useing my original
concordance file too, and no change. One think that might be related is when
i began this new update, i deleted the index in the document, and inserted a
new one - that is when the problem occured - i cannot insert it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?cm9nZXI=?=,

In the past i was able to use a concordance file to automate the index
building. It has been about a month, and i added terms to the file and this
time i cannot get it to work. The SHOW/HIDE is disabled, and when i
hightlight the concordance file in the list of possible files to use, it
immediately goest to the word document in want to index (rather than put the
name of the file in the window and let me indicate save). The result is all
the terms are marked in my file as they shoudl be, and the file is on SHOW,
and a window comex up that the index was not made. I tried useing my original
concordance file too, and no change. One think that might be related is when
i began this new update, i deleted the index in the document, and inserted a
new one - that is when the problem occured - i cannot insert it.

I'm sorry, your problem description is not clear enough. I understand you're
trying to use a concordance file to index a document and something isn't working
correctly.

This document already contained an index and index entries, and you just removed
the Index, but not existing XE entries?

Are you certain running the tools generated additional XE entries?

Could you please quote the exact message(s) you're seeing?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

concordance file preeto New Users 8 October 10th 07 04:03 AM
Does Microsoft 2007 have indexing capabilities? Conway, Arkansas New Users 4 February 13th 07 06:01 PM
concordance file in Word 2007 preeto New Users 1 December 20th 06 05:03 PM
Concordance file and Indexing - Part of a document charlie Microsoft Word Help 1 October 4th 06 03:08 PM
Indexing with a concordance file john Microsoft Word Help 2 April 11th 06 07:12 PM