Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jenny[_2_] Jenny[_2_] is offline

Default make Word-doc different from pdf

I'm creating the new housestyle of our company, and stumbled on the
following problem.
We will have a preprinted letterhead. So the word-doc won't contain
our logo and address.
Yet, letters are often being emailed as pdf as well as sent as
hardcopy.
This means one letter has two versions:
- 1 without logo and company address
- 1 with logo and company address.
I want to make it as easy as possible on our secretaries and not have
them make two different versions of the same letter.
Is there an easy way to show the elements in the pdf and hide them
when the letter is printed on our letterhead?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll probably need a macro to toggle between two states. The "hidden"
state will format the text as white (this can be done by toggling style
formatting) and the graphic as 100% brightness.

"Jenny" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm creating the new housestyle of our company, and stumbled on the
following problem.
We will have a preprinted letterhead. So the word-doc won't contain
our logo and address.
Yet, letters are often being emailed as pdf as well as sent as
hardcopy.
This means one letter has two versions:
- 1 without logo and company address
- 1 with logo and company address.
I want to make it as easy as possible on our secretaries and not have
them make two different versions of the same letter.
Is there an easy way to show the elements in the pdf and hide them
when the letter is printed on our letterhead?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jenny[_2_] Jenny[_2_] is offline

Tnx Suzanna!

On Apr 26, 7:57 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
You'll probably need a macro to toggle between two states. The "hidden"
state will format the text as white (this can be done by toggling style
formatting) and the graphic as 100% brightness.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

ups.com...