Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ticktack Ticktack is offline

Default Mail Merge - MS Word to PDF - email attachment with PDF

Hi all,

I am fairly new to Mail Merge with Word, where I want to generate over 1000
PDFs. The Mail merge is working well, however I need all the PDF to have a
link that opens an email with the same PDF in it. (send to a friend).

I can get this to work fine from with a PDF directly using the "Link
Properties" to "Run a Javascript" to execute a script ie

this.mailDoc(true, ", "", "", "subject here");

This works!

One great thing is that all the PDFs will use exactly the same link so it
does not need to be dynamic.

For the life of me I can not get this functionality to work through a mail
merge through MS Word. I can set up a dynamic hyperlink in MS Word, which is
fine but I can not work out how to get MS Word to build this opening of an
email when generating the PDFs.

Does any one know how this could be done?

By the way I will be generating all the Mail merges. The End users will have
the final PDFs where that can then forward the same PDF to a friend via email.

I am using :-
Windows XP Pro
MS Word 2003
Acrobat 8 Professional