Hank

Default How do I keep italics when converting Times Roman to Courier?

I am converting a large manuscript from Times Roman to Courier. But when I do
it, those portions that were in italics become, like everything else, Roman.
How do I preserve the Italics and still use a Select All method of converting?
Herb Tyson [MVP]

After Select-ing All, what are you doing?

First... does your version of Courier have an italic component? I have
Courier New, and it does, but I don't have a plain courier.

Second, if you Select All and click in the Font dropdown and choose Courier,
only the typeface name should change. Underlying attributes, such as italic,
bold, underlining, etc., should remain unchanged. Is that the method you're
using?

Also.. what version of Office are you using?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Hank" wrote in message
I am converting a large manuscript from Times Roman to Courier. But when I
do
it, those portions that were in italics become, like everything else,
Roman.
How do I preserve the Italics and still use a Select All method of
converting?

Graham Mayor

Courier? The version of courier usually found in Windows is a screen font
and most printers cannot deal with it. The printable TrueType version is
Courier New. If you have an HP laser printer, you may have CourierPS and I
seem to recall Kyocera lasers had Courier as resident fonts. If you are not
using the correct printable font, you may find that font substitution comes
into play.