Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
april2774 april2774 is offline

Default how do i set up auto summary in word office 2007?

I know you used to be able to highlight a section or tell word to select teh
whole document, tell it how many words you wanted in the summary, hit go, and
it would give you a summary of a document. can this be done in office 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 07:26:01 -0700, april2774
wrote:

I know you used to be able to highlight a section or tell word to select teh
whole document, tell it how many words you wanted in the summary, hit go, and
it would give you a summary of a document. can this be done in office 2007?

Right-click the Quick Access Toolbar and choose Customize. Set the category to
Commands Not In the ribbon. Select the AutoSummarize Tools item in the list and
then click the Add button.

If you're prompted to save changes to Normal.dotm when you exit Word, say yes.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman