Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default SectionPages field acts like Section field

In the footer of a multi-section document, I have the following code:

Section { SECTION } Page { PAGE } of { SECTIONPAGES }

The PAGE field is often incorrect. A document I am working on right
now has 3 sections with 3, 2, & 2 pages respectively. The footers on
those 7 pages print line this:

Section 1 Page 1 of 3
Section 1 Page 2 of 3
Section 1 Page 3 of 3 (so far so good)

Section 2 Page 1 of 2
Section 2 Page 2 of 2 (still good)

Section 3 Page 3 of 2 (now it's acting like document page)
Section 3 Page 4 of 2

How do I get the page number in the whole document vs the page number
in the section? Are these separate fields?

In 2007, where is Insert Field? I can't find it in any of the #&%$#
ribbons.

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

On Thu, 17 May 2007 17:13:17 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Have you ascertained that "Start at 1" is set in Format Page Number for
Section 3?

That was the problem. Thanks.

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000