Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
phillyjoe phillyjoe is offline

Default Delete all edits and comments from final version of document

I create a lot of documents using templates. Some of these contain edits and
comments from earlier versions. I want to remove all these edits and
comments, so that when I share or send the final version to another party,
they see only the "final" final version. I've used Word help, and searched
Word threads, but can't seem to find a clear answer. Do MS attorneys send out
docs with internal comments and edits to an adversary? Didn't think so. I'm
using Word from Office 03. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:47:01 -0700, phillyjoe
wrote:

I create a lot of documents using templates. Some of these contain edits and
comments from earlier versions. I want to remove all these edits and
comments, so that when I share or send the final version to another party,
they see only the "final" final version. I've used Word help, and searched
Word threads, but can't seem to find a clear answer. Do MS attorneys send out
docs with internal comments and edits to an adversary? Didn't think so. I'm
using Word from Office 03. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

I have to assume that you've used Track Changes while editing, otherwise the
edits are all 'final' and you have only the comments to deal with.

If the Reviewing toolbar isn't visible, click View Toolbars Reviewing.

You can either accept or reject each tracked change individually by clicking the
Accept Change and Reject Change buttons appropriately; or you can accept all
changes or reject all changes by clicking the down arrow on the button and
choosing the action you want.

The down arrow on the Reject button also has a choice for "Delete all comments
in document".

I suggest you also read
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html.

--