Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Default Word wrap with 2007?

I am trying to view two docs side by side for some quick copy-and-pasting.
Both documents, however, have the horizontal scrollbar, making me continually
go down to move it from side to side, to view all the text. I would like to
turn on word wrap so that all the text will be visible within the document
itself (in other words, so that there won't have to be any horizontal scroll
bar), instead of to the left or the right of the visible document window. At
any rate, I do know that going into the Advanced options and telling Word to
"Show text wrapped within the document window" didn't do what I want--even
after saving, closing out Word, then bringing the docs back up.
--
Paul

MS Office 2003
Vista Home Basic SP1
Dell Inspiron 1501
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Probably not the best solution, but why not just set the paper size (width)
to something smaller? Then Word will be forced to wrap the text to fit the
given width. When you are finished, you can just restore the old sizes.

Yves

"Paul" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If yuo lower the Zoom, you can fit your whole document into the half-
screen window. How low you can go and still read it depends on your
font size and your screen resolution.

On Jun 7, 12:48*pm, Paul wrote:
I am trying to view two docs side by side for some quick copy-and-pasting..
Both documents, however, have the horizontal scrollbar, making me continually
go down to move it from side to side, to view all the text. I would like to
turn on *word wrap so that all the text will be visible within the document
itself (in other words, so that there won't have to be any horizontal scroll
bar), instead of to the left or the right of the visible document window. *At
any rate, I do know that going into the Advanced options and telling Word to
"Show text wrapped within the document window" didn't do what I want--even
after saving, closing out Word, then bringing the docs back up.
--
Paul

MS Office 2003
Vista Home Basic SP1
Dell Inspiron 1501

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Great. And Word 2007 makes it so easy to change, just click on that minus
sign (or plus sign, to go back). Yeah I've got a 15.4 inch monitor with 1280x
something or other, so its still big enough to see when I have two docs side
by side. Thanks to you both for your replies.
--
Paul

MS Office 2003
Vista Home Basic SP1
Dell Inspiron 1501

On Jun 7, 12:48 pm, Paul wrote:
I am trying to view two docs side by side for some quick copy-and-pasting..
Both documents, however, have the horizontal scrollbar, making me continually
go down to move it from side to side, to view all the text. I would like to
turn on word wrap so that all the text will be visible within the document
itself (in other words, so that there won't have to be any horizontal scroll
bar), instead of to the left or the right of the visible document window. At
any rate, I do know that going into the Advanced options and telling Word to
"Show text wrapped within the document window" didn't do what I want--even
after saving, closing out Word, then bringing the docs back up.
--
Paul

MS Office 2003
Vista Home Basic SP1
Dell Inspiron 1501

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You've received an answer that worked for you, but note that the "Show text
wrapped" option doesn't apply to Print Layout view but only to Draft view
(and this feature is automatic in Web Layout view).

http://word.mvps.org

"Paul" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Your solution requires less clicking. I like it. That way, I can postpone
carpal tunnel by another 20 seconds or so...
--
Paul

MS Office 2003
Vista Home Basic SP1