js.email.com

Default How do I undo keyboard delay feature?

Jay Freedman

You probably have FilterKeys turned on. Go to the Control Panel and
start Accessibility Options. If the "Use FilterKeys" box is checked,
clear it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Herb Tyson [MVP]

You don't give us much to go on. Do you keyboard repeat delay. If so, look
for the Keyboard item in the Control Panel. Keyboard repeat delay can be set
to the minimum (but not eliminated altogether) in the Speed tab.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jay jay is offline

Good question and good answer as well, but is there a way to do it with the
keyboard? My students don't have access to the control panel, but one of
them has managed to delay his keyboard. I wasn't watching when he did it,
but there ought to be an undo for it...

Thanks,

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

You don't give us much to go on. Do you keyboard repeat delay. If so, look
for the Keyboard item in the Control Panel. Keyboard repeat delay can be set
to the minimum (but not eliminated altogether) in the Speed tab.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have any say in the matter, what you might want to consider is giving
students full control of the computer (so that they can learn to change
anything that needs to be changed) and using a product such as Deep Freeze
(http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp) to assure that workstations
are restored to their default setup (which you choose) at startup.