Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Phrank Phrank is offline

Default How to keep toolbars from appearing and lock in place

MS Office 2003. I'm working from a server at work, and I have a short
document management toolbar and Adobe toolbar that always open up and
place themselves alone on a line at the top. Every time I've
deselected the toolbars, they return at the next logon. I've also
tried moving the toolbars so they are at least at the end of one of
the other main toolbars that I do want, and therefore take up less
space, but again, they return on their own line at the next logon. I
understand the toolbars showing up may be an IT thing, and it really
doesn't bother me that these toolbars are there, but I would at least
like them to stay put on one line and not hog up screen space. How
can I get these toolbars to stay put? Thanks.

Frank
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Phrank,

MS Office 2003. I'm working from a server at work, and I have a short
document management toolbar and Adobe toolbar that always open up and
place themselves alone on a line at the top. Every time I've
deselected the toolbars, they return at the next logon. I've also
tried moving the toolbars so they are at least at the end of one of
the other main toolbars that I do want, and therefore take up less
space, but again, they return on their own line at the next logon. I
understand the toolbars showing up may be an IT thing, and it really
doesn't bother me that these toolbars are there, but I would at least
like them to stay put on one line and not hog up screen space. How
can I get these toolbars to stay put?

You most likely can't. Adobe is really, really a pain with toolbars. It
decides what it's going to do with toolbars and everytime that Add-in
loads, it re-arranges the landscape. You'd have to disable the Adobe
Add-in to get any relief.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org