Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David_Few David_Few is offline

Default can I make a change in the position of return address

I can change the position but I cannot make it the new default it always goes
back to auto.
Help
David Few
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?RGF2aWRfRmV3?=,

I can change the position but I cannot make it the new default it always goes
back to auto.

Add an envelope with the return address position you prefer to a document. Now
Format/Styles (and Formatting, if this is Word 2002 or 2003). Look for the style
"Envelope Return" in the list. This is what defines how the Return Address
looks, and where it's positioned.

If you've changed the position, part of the style's definition will be a FRAME -
when you click in it you should see a box with a "hash" border.

Note down the settings for the frame (easiest to "Modify" the style, then click
Format/Frame). Now open your template (Normal.dot) and go the same route to
modify the style in the template. Type something in the template's "page", then
delete it to make sure that when you SAVE Word actually saves. Now the you
should have this position for all return addresses.

Note: Since setting the default isn't working, it's likely that something is
preventing your Normal.dot from saving. If you work in a corporate environment,
it's possible you aren't allowed to make changes to Normal.dot. In this case,
you may need a different approach.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

How do I set default font for return address on envelopes EK Microsoft Word Help 1 December 3rd 05 09:44 PM
Return Address K Mailmerge 3 November 10th 05 09:58 PM
cannot print return address on envelope Return envelope address Microsoft Word Help 1 September 20th 05 02:54 AM
How do I change the default address book in Word? Chuck Look Microsoft Word Help 0 September 1st 05 06:36 PM
How to make the full page of graphic to a fix position. gc Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 05 02:29 PM